HVAC CHEM® Scale Remover – Powder is concentrated and acid based for use on equipment with heavy scale build up. Product can be used to descale aluminum stainless steel, and cast iron.
- Take care to remove sludge from sump, close the bleed line and refill with fresh water. Recommend wearing protective eyewear and gloves while using this product.
- Use 2 pounds HVAC CHEM® Scale Remover – Powder to each 15 gallons of fresh water.
- Start the pump and return to normal operation.
- Active cleaner is red in color and when neutralized becomes yellow. When the solution becomes yellow, more powdered scale remover is needed. Add another dose equal to the first. Continue to repeat this process until cleaning solution has maintained the red color for 20 to 40 minutes.
- If you cannot see the cleaning solution, check solution with pH litmus strips every 15 to 20 minutes. If system contains a large amount of dirt and debris so you cannot see the color, check solution with pH strips. (Refer to instruction card provided with pH strips.)
- Once cleaning is completed, in accordance with all applicable Federal, State and Local regulations drain the waste solution from system. (Do not drain to lawns or where plants may be damaged.)
- Rinse out system by filling the system with fresh water twice.
- Refill sump and resume to normal operation.
NOTE: Do not leave cleaning solution in system longer than necessary and not for more than 4 hours. Safe to use powdered scale remover on steel, aluminum and zinc.
- Tech Sheet, English
Tech Sheet, French
- MSDS, English