HVAC CHEM® Scale Remover – Concentrate is an acid based solution for use on equipment with heavy scale build up and includes low foaming corrosion inhibitors. Its fast penetration effectively dissolves hard to remove build up of scale in cooling systems. An antifoam additive reduces foam during the cleaning process to prevent wasted acid and ensure safety.
- Take care to remove sludge from sump, close the bleed line and refill with fresh water. Recommend wearing protective eyewear and gloves while using this product.
- Combine 1 gallon HVAC CHEM® Scale Remover – Concentrate to each 15 gallons of water.
- Start the pump and return to normal operation.
- Active cleaner is red in color and when neutralized becomes yellow. When the solution becomes yellow, more liquid scale remover is needed. Add another dose equal to the first. Continue to repeat this process until cleaning solution has maintained the red color for 20 to 40 minutes.
- If you cannot see the cleaning solution, check solution with pH litmus strips every 15 to 20 minutes. If system contains a large amount of dirt and debris, check solution with pH strips. (Refer to instruction card provided with pH strips.)
- Once cleaning is completed, in accordance with all applicable Federal, State and Local regulations drain the waste solution from system. (Do not drain to lawns or where plants may be damaged.)
- Rinse out system by filling the system with fresh water twice.
- Refill sump, open bleed and resume to normal operation.
NOTE: Do not leave cleaning solution in system longer than necessary and not for more than 4 hours. Do not use on stainless steel and aluminum. Do not exceed recommended concentration when using for cleaning galvanized metal, damage can result.
- Tech Sheet, English
Tech Sheet, French
- MSDS, English